Ok. Got many things to share today:
1. I'd like to make a shout-out to all people who call themselves feminists who are supporting Assange. The shout out goes like this: Stop. And. Fucking. Think.
If you want me to do the thinking for you I'm more than happy to tell you why it is soooooo fucking problematic to be supporting someone accused of sexual assault, paying his bail (Michael Moore), giving him asylum so that he doesn't have to go to trial (Ecuador)... And all this in a society that already disbelieves and belittles women (and sexual assault survivors of all genders) who report men for rape. HELLO - BEING A HIGH PROFILE COMPUTER HACKER, EVEN IF IT'S FOR A GREAT ORGANIZATION LIKE WIKILEAKS, AND BEING A RAPIST IS NOT AN ANOMALY. This is called BASIC FEMINISM. I do not like Julian Assange - everything points to him being a misogynist asshole. Wikileaks is a fantastic organization and it does not need him - in fact it is better off without him and his messiah-complex.
2. This quote is one of the best things I've read: "Människan är genom sina drömmar framåtskridande. Vi vill förändra, utvecklas, förbättra. Och varje tid har sin dröm om hur en människa ska vara. Men om vi vill att solen ska stråla lika klart på oss alla krävs det mer än att vi ser möjligheterna till individuellt förverkligande som mål för det goda samhället. Då krävs det att vi ser det goda i allas välbefinnande. Det krävs en utopi. För där drömmen säger ”jag är värd ett annat öde” säger utopin ”alla är värda ett annat öde” - Nina Björk
3. Stop the deportation of transwoman Fernanda Milan from Denmark to Guatemala. Sign this: http://www.skrivunder.net/stop_deportation_of
4. Saturday night I spent doing nothing and feeling everything and than I saw this film that was the most magical, life-affirming, critique of capitalism and normality I have ever seen. I cried 9 times:
And the full film is up on youtube:
5. I'm moving to Stockholm tomorrow. I think I need just one of those post-it reminders in my new room. It will simply say: "Don't waste your crazy"
6. On friday I walked three blocks as a male-bodied femme: First block - nothing happens, Second block - A guy asks me to sleep with him, Third block - A guy spits on me. But I decided that this evening was going to be a good evening. I've cried enough lately (Although collective processes of sorrow are just as, if not more, powerful and subversive as collective processes of anger). I put on bolder, brighter lipstick, wrote Free Pussy Riot! on my right arm and Bitch on my left and shined on.
7. Lately I've been thinking about the moon a lot. Every night I watch it and I've referred to it in all my latest poems because it sees all that happens on Earth and it is so powerful that the ocean moves with it. I think yes, this is one of
the things it would say: "Rinse all the fear out- As if the healthiest pastime is to be in life-threatening circumstances and once again be reborn - all birthed and happy - Best way to start-a-new is to fail miserably. Fail at loving and fail at giving, Fail at creating a flow, Then realign the whole and kick into the start hole. To risk all is the end all and the beginning all".
8. This film is also Beautiful: